What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an amplified state of mind similar to being in a meditative state or deep relaxation. It is a natural state of focused concentration in which the client is very aware of his surrounding, similar to driving your car in familiar areas or concentrating on a television show. Hypnosis involves being relaxed enough to get into the alpha or theta brain wave state and allowing your conscious mind to step back and let the subconscious mind come forward. The subconscious mind can hold certain beliefs and habit patterns that we have learned in life, especially in childhood, that no longer serve us, and may have become hindrances to leading a full and productive life. In hypnosis, we can make suggestions to the subconscious that can enable you to live life to its fullest potential.
There are a few misconceptions about hypnosis that should be addressed:
- You will not go into an altered state in which you are asleep or unaware of your surroundings. You will hear and remember everything that goes on during a session.
- In the hypnotic state you are in complete control of the situation and cannot be forced or coerced into doing something against your will or ethical standards.
- It is impossible to get stuck in the hypnotic state. It may take some a little longer to come out of hypnosis for various reasons, but you will get back to your everyday state..
Hypnotherapy is the treatment program for reaching specific therapeutic goals through the use of hypnosis. Some of the issues hypnotherapy can help with are:
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management
- Alcohol Dependency
- Nail Biting
- Childhood & Family Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Health Issues
- Surgery Recovery
- Pain Management
- Relationship Issues
- Public Speaking
- Sports Performance
- Past-Life Regression
- Enhance Intuition
Initial Session - $80
At your first session please allow for about 90 minutes. We'll discuss your therapeutic goals and talk about what hypnosis is, and isn't, then we’ll have your hypnotherapy treatment.
Follow-up Sessions - $80 - 1 hour
Hypnosis Package - $200 for 3 sessions. Weight Management and Smoking Cessation have the best results with 3 sessions spaced a week apart.
Recovery Rate Statistics
You might be interested to know these documented recovery rate statistics from a study by Alfred A. Barnes, Ph.D.
38% recovery rate after 600 sessions
72% recovery rate after 22 sessions
93% recovery rate after 6 sessions
Source: American Health Magazine, vol. 7